New Lawn Installations Using Seed Or Sod
We'll install a beautiful new lawn on your property.
Are you looking to install a new lawn on your property? Have you’ve just purchased a new-to-you home or property and the existing lawn is in really poor shape? Do you have an important event coming up and you want your lawn to look great? There is a lot to know about getting grass to properly take root and grow into a healthy, vibrant, lush green lawn, it's not as simple as laying down sod or throwing out some seed. There is a specific process that must be followed if you want the lawn to look amazing for many years.
Why Do You Need A New Lawn Installed?
- Do you need a new lawn for a new construction project?
- Are you trying to renovate an existing lawn that is in poor shape?
- Do you want to improve your properties appearance and curb appeal?
- Are you embarrassed that your lawn doesn’t look as great as your neighbors?
- Do you have an important event coming up and you want a beautiful lawn?
Prosperity Lawn & Landscape is a landscape contractor serving Centreville, Virginia and Fairfax County. We specialize in installing new lawns for our residential and commercial clients using grass seed or installing new sod. From grading your property and lawn area for proper drainage, and preparing your lawn area with proper loam soil, organizing irrigation or sprinkler installations, and spreading the grass seed or rolling out sod we can provide you with a beautiful looking new lawn.
Should You Use Seed Or Sod For Your New Lawn?
This is a question our customers who want a new lawn area often ask us! The answer really depends on three things:
- How will the new lawn area be used?
- What is your budget?
- How much time do you have?
If you have kids or pets that frequently use and enjoy your lawn area then keeping them off the seeded area could be a problem. If that's the case, sod is usually a better option but installing sod is more expensive than traditional grass seed. With a new sod lawn you're going to have a beautiful looking lawn within a week or two of the installation. It will look like beautiful grass from day one but you'll still see the visible lines from the sod being rolled out. It takes a week or two for the grass to blend sufficiently so you won't notice it. With grass seed you're looking at several weeks until you have a beautiful lawn.
If you're on a time constraint, let's say you're hosting a big party or a special event like a wedding on your property and you need it look amazing for the big day, then sod is a much better, predictable option.
How Our New Lawn Installation Process Works
We’ve installed dozens and dozens of new lawns for new homes and property development in Northern Virginia and we are happy to get your new lawn installed properly.
- We start with our initial consultation and accurate measurements of your property.
- We assess the existing soil and take note of any grading or drainage issues.
- We will bring in top soil and spread as needed to ensure a uniform surface.
- We can arrange to have irrigation and sprinklers installed at the same time if you like.
- We then spread out your grass seed or roll out sod.
- The end result is a beautiful, lush green lawn!
For most average sized lawns this entire process can be completed in just 1-3 days. For much larger residential lawns or commercial properties the process can take longer but the end result is exactly the same. You’re going to end up with a beautiful, lush green lawn.
If you’d like to schedule a consultation with us to discuss your new lawn installation we’d be happy to meet with you. Please call (703) 901-1301 or fill out our online form and we’ll get right back to you.